Telling your state senator that you support gun reform is the most powerful thing you can do to prevent gun violence in Michigan.
If you’d like to write your legislators a letter or e-mail but don’t know where to begin, this template will help get you started.
Not sure who to contact? Use the search engine below to find out who represents YOU!
- My name is _____ and I live in _____.
- A statement expressing your concern.
- I am very concerned about gun violence in our country.
- We are the only developed nation to suffer from staggering numbers of gun deaths every year.
- I am alarmed by how common gun violence has become in the US and Michigan.
- A personal statement.
- I do not want my children to be raised in such violence.
- I want to feel safe in my city/workplace.
- Gun violence has touched my life personally. (Explain.)
- My family should feel free to go to work and school and to the movies without worrying that someone will shoot us on purpose or by accident.
- What you see as the solution.
- We should be working to strengthen gun laws, not loosen them.
- We need to keep guns out of the hands of irresponsible and troubled people.
- We can maintain the right to own guns while implementing laws to protect public safety.
- What you are asking your legislator to do.
- I would like you to vote for public safety and against gun extremism.
- I would like you to work for strong gun laws that will protect my family and me.
- We do not need more guns in under-trained hands, and I would like you to stand up for common sense gun laws.
- Sign off with name and contact info.